Friday, March 03, 2006

So the entrance to the new month of MARCH wasnt greeted with anything more interesting then the arrival of my report card. Of course, the interest subsided with a single glance of the paired numbers. I didnt do too too badly, i still got into honour roll yet again. But of course, that wasnt the best i couldve done and i know that.

I got a disspointing 77% for History, one of the subjects i actually like and am respected for. Its really disgusting. I'm distinguished in school as an MUNer and i know that i'm a good history student. I thought i didnt get anything under a 80%, but when i went to check with my teacher, i realize that i actually did get many high 70s... because my teacher absolutely LOVES to heavily penalize me for being late. He actually took off a 15% for one of the major essays, leaving me with a dissapointing 73%. Blah...

But on the UP side, i actually topped my class with a perfect score on my recent math test. And yes people, beating simon and adrian. But i can assure u, this is once in a life time. haha.. But at least i can feel some barker rd pride over the triumphant defeat of acsi. Plus, i topped my Human Geo AP class in our research essay, scoring an astounding 95%, and yes people, beating Nathan Chan. And NO, this will not be a once in a life time thing.

Anyhoo, enough about marks. The new month was also marked with the arrival of two very special people, my dear mother and sister. Arrving from singapore and LA respectively, it was awesome meeting them again, and being reminded of home. But i have yet to spend enough time with them. This weekend it will be.

Also, i got a call from alexadria choi not too long agon, and apperently Richmond Model united Nations is in desperate need of a competent director for the coming conference. They received a very unpredicted over-load of delegates and openned a couple of new committees. So i stepped up to the plane in undertaking yet another committee.


How fun! another confernce before i graduate! God sent!haha...

So yeah. I'm directing the first committee of the general assembly this time, DISEC. Disarmament and International Security. So i had only one crummy night to find topics, cuz the conference is pretty soon and the delegates need to get crakin.

so tis is it:
a) the UN, Rogue Nations and the International Response.
b) the Nuclear Situation in Iran.

I'm really hoping the delgates will be prepared for the confernce I have high expectations for this committee.

Anyways, praise God! He really comes thru with so manythings. Most eminently in the things i dont deserve.

You came in from the everlasting,
to the world we live.
Father's only son...

Hallellujia, for all You've done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger