Monday, April 03, 2006

Next stop ... Africa!

So Richmond Model UN is finally over. and Ku-dooes (spelling?) to everyone who were involved, it turned out to be a respectable Model UN. However, i do have to say that inspite of the fact that my delegates in this conference were very much more prepared and enthusiastic about the debate, they were no where as fun as my ASEAN delegates. maybe by a mile or so.

one of the worst things about this conference though, is that it was held in Richmond High. No doubt the facilities were pretty good, the fact that a simulation of the UN was held in a high school wasnt very pleasant. Because my committee was one of the largest, it was held in the only other available large room, that being the art studio.

so committee was held with massive insects, which some may call artistic, hanging off the ceiling and pencil sketches of celebrities' profiles stuck around the room. the worst part was the clean-up. when i entered the room just an hour before opening ceremony, i saw NO confrence tables and NO proper chairs anywhere. it was a nightmare. So me and this korean guy had to run around the school carrying heavy tables and chairs to make the room somewhat presentable. I dont think i've done that much heavy lifting in my life in a spand of 2 days. :P. which doesnt say very much about how helpful i am at school. haha.

anyways, all in all, the conference went well. the delegates where awesome,and were very knowledgable and passionate about their country's position, although some of them drifted far away from their foreign policy. Unfortunately, i didnt keep in contact with anyone new this time. :( especially this lebonese girl i met, who i have to say has the MOST perfect hair, plus, she was the most friendliest of the girls there. oh well...

So that will be the last time i'm ever going to be involved in an MUN here in canada. Although i kinda wish i could be a delegate again. Twice as a director is enough for me. it depresses me really.






but i think MUN really showed me something genuine. I mean i think i've found my calling. I dont think i will be any happier living my life in the furture working as anyone else but a diplomate. i truely think so. But i have yet to explore the world! next stop ... africa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger